T H E         H u b B U B

An International Online Journal of the Arts, Language, Entertainment, Culture and Pseudo-intellectuality


Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Boise State #1

Okay all you naysayers (and you know who you are) Boise pulled off the big win. And if you missed the Fiesta Bowl you should kick yourself in the $#@!. It had all the trappings of great football; the early lead, the great comeback, the poorly timed touchdown interception, the greater comeback by hook and ladder, overtime touchdown, overtime fourth down comeback touchdown, followed by no-guts-no-glory two point conversion on the ol' statue of liberty play.

And wait did I mention that immediately after the game the running back proposed to the head cheerleader and of course she accepted. Now you can't even find that kind of drama in reality TV.

By the way announcers, it's pronounced "boycee" not "boyzee." This was perhaps the best bowl game of all time, certainly the best college game of century (even though the announcers didn't know BSU's background well enough to correctly pronounce the Idaho capital's name.) They'll remember the name for some time to come.

I can't decide if it was better than the Texas vs. USC championship, but wait, I just decided... it was! Now I know, you Rutgers fans have a lot to cheer about, winning your Texas (what the hell is that?) Bowl. I was in Houston at the time and two friends of mine at dinner had tickets to the game. You'll want to kill me for this, but they couldn't give them away. No spin here.

Oh yeah, I haven't been able to post, because Blogger hadn't moved me to the new format until today. I look forward to and wish a healthy and happy new year for all you Hubbubers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Slag said...

Holy crap what a game; a hook and ladder, and a statue of liberty play in the same game, I am sure I have never seen that before.

Ace, are you a Boisean (Boiseite)? I thought I may have detected a middle-America sensibility in you, you old spud-puller.

January 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< The Hubbub Home Page