T H E         H u b B U B

An International Online Journal of the Arts, Language, Entertainment, Culture and Pseudo-intellectuality


Monday, July 09, 2007

Meeting Al Gore at Live Earth

Tia meets Al Gore at Giant Stadium, 07/07/07Seven, seven, seven will go down as a magical day for me. It was the day that I met and shook the hand of Al Gore - twice.

Over the years I've strongly supported Al Gore and his green and progressive politics. I've also been somewhat of a Bon Jovi and Sting (Police) fan. So when Al Gore sends me an email telling me about his upcoming Live Earth Concert, of course I was interested to say the least.

We started off by tail gating in Giant Stadium around 12:30. The sun was really beating down, but we came well stocked with a lot of sunscreen and cold beer. Since we were going in two cars, (yes, gas guzzling SUV's) we had just a little hassle finding two parking spaces next to each other. The parking lot was packed with old school concert goers and green freaks. Mostly it looked like any other concert event with the presence of both old time and new rock and roll.

I had been misinformed that cameras were not allowed, so when I went inside I decided to leave my camera in the car. Unfortunately I didn't learn until I had already had my ticket scanned that I could have brought my Canon 30D with the 300 mil lens, if I hadn't just had my ticket scanned (you can't go out once you've entered.) I was really upset, because I really thought I'd get some good shots. Like the one I got of my friend Tia when she got to shake Al's hand above. I wish that she had a camera when I took my turn.
Jon Bon Jovi, Live Earth Concert - 07/07/07
Oh let me tell you how we got the camera. My magic life intervened on my behalf.My buddy Mike is an English teacher in New Jersey and when he was walking to our seats in the second level, he meets a former student(now a big dog at Giant Stadium)who just so happens to have two floor tickets. Can you believe that FLOOR TICKETS TO LIVE EARTH. Mike being the great guy that he is, decided that we would all take turns watching our favorite performers. Being the nice guy that I am, I gave up watching Jon Bon Jovi to my wife. But I did stick the camera in her hand. She took some amazing pics.

For those of you who are fans, here is one of the pictures of Bon Jovi. If you are interested in more, contact me at ace@starry.com. I've got a few for sale.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CJM said...

Shook hands with Al Gore, huh? That's pretty cool. I went to the 777 YouTube Meetup at Washington Square Park and got to hug HappySlip. And yes, that's right, I'm a black man concerned about racism.

July 09, 2007  
Blogger kelldog said...

nice post starry, lets see more photos??

July 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< The Hubbub Home Page