T H E         H u b B U B

An International Online Journal of the Arts, Language, Entertainment, Culture and Pseudo-intellectuality


Thursday, November 30, 2006

In Need of Advice


How to start...18 years of the same job selling chemicals, 4 kids, wife, dog, all w too many needs and wants I cannot possibly meet and no one stepping up to help out. Oh, yeah, the Santa Claws list for all of these consumer driven materialistic next gen kids, what the F-. This is insanity, BURN OUT is around the corner..MWM seeking advice from all Knowledgeable HubBub readers...this painting by Edvard Munch depicts my current state of mind..........is the answer another beer?

3 Comments:

Blogger Slag said...

Kelldog, I feel your pain. I myself take refuge in alcohol and an alarming amount of masturbation.

But I will tell you what a friend of mine, Jack, did. He found this great gig as a caretaker for an old hotel that shuts down every season for the winter. Plenty of time to think and work on his novel. Problem was he took his wife and kid. The kid just couldn't leave well enough alone and attempted to bring an outsider into the situation, the hotel's negro cook.

There was something funny about that cook. He wrote me and mentioned how one time when they were getting a tour of the place he turned and said to the boy, "Danny, would you like some ice cream?" and immediately afterwards said, "I am sorry, did I say that out loud?"

Anyway, it seems one of the old caretakers, a Mr. Delbert Grady, was still hanging around the place and told Jack that when he was running the place his girls had attempted to bring in an outsider and they had to be "corrected" and then he had to "correct" his wife too. Jack told me that was just what he was planning to do himself.

I never heard from him after that. Apparently one night he got himself lost in the hotel's hedge maze during a blizzard and froze to death. Poor guy, he never did have much of a senses of direction.

The good news is that he finished his novel, an avant-garde work titled "All Work And No Play Make Jack A Dull Boy." I find it a bit of a tough read, but the artsy types liked it.

So take heart Kelldog, you are not alone, and just remember that there isn't any problem that can't be fixed with a little "correction."

December 01, 2006  
Blogger smelly said...

Hey, I know that guy! He told me the negro cook sounded a lot like Hong Kong Phooey, without the mask.

December 02, 2006  
Blogger kelldog said...

Redrum.....

December 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< The Hubbub Home Page